Working with South Jersey Legal Services, Inc., the Office on Aging and Disabilities provides the following legal talks. This is a series of presentations providing education and discussion about various legal issues. Prior registration is encouraged but not required.
To register or obtain more information, contact the Salem County Office on Aging and Disabilities at 856-339-8622.
Topic: Bankruptcy on Friday, February 14 from 10am-12pm
Location: Kent Avenue Apartments, 11 Kent Avenue Pennsville, NJ
Topic: Reverse Mortgages on Monday, February 24 from 10 am-12pm
Location: Mid-Atlantic States Career & Education Ctr. 391 S. Broadway, Pennsville
“Move Yourself!” this February at our indoor exercise activity.
The exercises will take place at 10:30 am every Tuesday and Thursday at the Mid-Atlantic States Training Center (formerly known as Queen of Apostles), 391 South Broadway, Pennsville. Exercises feature information on various health topics.
Transportation will be available through the Scoot buses operated through County Office of Aging and Disabilities. For Scoot transportation information and reservations, call (856) 339-8644. Reservations require 48 hours advance notice.
A special topic is presented during each exercise:
- Tuesday February 4th— Types of Cancer
- Thursday February 6th— Cancer (Signs & Symptoms)
- Tuesday February 11th— National Wear Red Day
- Thursday February 13th— Heart Disease
- Tuesday February 18th— Benefits of Owning a Pet
- Thursday February 20th— How to Stay Healthy Around Pets
- Tuesday February 25th— Tips for Living With Low Vision
- Thursday February 27th— Common Eye Myths
Free Box Lunch is available for registered participants 60+ who reside in Salem County On February 6 & February 20 Call 339-8622 to register.
Below is the list of dates for indoor exercise classes at Mid-Atlantic States Training Center, 391 South Broadway in Pennsville. All classes begin at 10:30 am.
- Thursday, February 4th – Core Fitness & Indoor Walk
- Tuesday, February 6th – Balance and Posture
- Thursday, February 11th – High Intensity Interval Training
- Tuesday, February 13th – Tai Chi & Stretch
- Thursday, February 18th – Strength (optional 2-5 |b hand weights)
- Tuesday, February 20th – Chair Yoga (optional yoga mat)
- Thursday, February 25th – Core Strength & Fitness
- Tuesday, February 27th – Stretch
In the event of severe weather please contact 856-339-8622.